Happy Saturday, guys! How did you like yesterday's post? And the new name?
To be honest, I think this isn't even a dress but a long top judging from the lookbook but I really loved this as a dress. I chose to wear it with a pair of over the knee flat boots since i really like the proportions of the short dress that way! It gives such a different vibe when you wear it with pretty shoes like here.
I think that if I were to wear it as a top I would pair it with some distressed blue denim.
This is kind of a big day in the life of my blog, as you all know I have been blogging on and mostly off since forever, some of you follow me from back then, when I started university in London in 2008. Anyway, I felt like I needed to change the name of this little online space for a while now, mainly because nobody understood it especially abroad, and therefor it was difficult to remember it... It took me several months to actually decide on the change and the new name because it is hard to let go, but here it is, from now on it is called 'What Vero Wears'. Hopefully you will all like the new name :) and will be able to get used to it! All the old links and names will work too!
There is so much I share on this blog but also so much I keep to myself. So I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to share a few things that you don't know about me. (these are not actual secrets, just some things me and my friends put together)
1. I am addicted to TV shows and reality TV. I don't even know if I am comfortable with sharing the list of all the ones I'm watching :D but here they are: n1 is The walking dead! Then the Scream Queens, How to get away with murder, The Good Wife, Eye Candy, Les Revenants, Vanderpump rules, Friends, SATC, all seasons of every 'Real housewives' except the Australia edition; The Kardashians and its spin-offs. I am sure there are loads more I watch but they are probably on a break so can't remember now! I started watching them because I am a terrible sleeper and need these to actually fall asleep!
2. There seems to be a lot of confusion around where I am from and where I live :D So I am from Budapest, Hungary, but went to a french school here, then moved to London for about 6 years where I studied 'Fashion marketing' at university and worked as a shop assistant and window dresser in Browns. Then came back to Budapest to work as a stylist and personal shopper at 'il Bacio di Stile'. Since leaving that place I have been traveling a lot but my base is still Budapest! But considering moving away again!
3. I have like 4 best friends, and one of them is my photographer. I know Judit since first year of kinder garden. We started taking photos for my blog when we were flatmates in Camden town, London, first with iPhone, then she upgraded to a Nikon G15, then Nikon D7000 and now Nikon EOS 6D. We are such a great team, we shoot an outfit in 10 minutes and usually make a day of it and shoot as much as we can!
4. I am not a morning person. I will set my alarm 2-3 hours earlier just so I can lay in the bed half asleep drinking my tea for at least an hour!
5. I am a cat person. My family has 3 cats, and they all have their on insta hashtags :P (#hulyemomo #hulyegeza #grumicat) They actually all belong to my sister who lives in the south of France since she was 16.
6. I am never on time, ever.
7. I grew up partying in Home Club Budapest and Hajogyari sziget, so my taste in music is very deep house, techno and something I would call spiritual house music and also some rap music (but not for going out). Bad house music and club music annoys me so much I very rarely go out clubbing in Budapest. Listen to what I like here on my Soundcloud!
8. My favourite alcoholic drink is vodka. You will see me order it with ice and
cucumber (if there is), a straw(!), and no lime! I hate champagne and
anything with champagne in it. The only cocktails I can drink is Moscow
Mule and Espresso Martini.
9. My fashion icon is Iris Apfel. She is so inspiring even though I don't usually wear accessories and jewelry.
10. I am a hypochondriac, so don't talk to me about deseases because I will get it... I am scared of blood too, I have fainted at and in better cases walked out from so many movies because it was too violent or something (strangely, zombies are an exception)
11. My favourite place on earth is 'Burning Man' (there will be a post about it soon).
PS.: The picture above is from that one dinner party where I attempted to help out in the kitchen (for like 1 minute)
PS.: All your lovely comments from all my posts have been deleted because of the domain change :( I am so sorry for it but that was the only way...
I really love this NUBU piece that I just decided to call it a statement jumper, I don't know if the term exists but it certainly fits this top! Funny how something so minimal can be so unique and statement-like! It has a great cut, I love how oversize it is, especially on the arms. It can be worn in so many ways, I think it could be perfect if you are feeling more girly over a tight dress or or something high waisted, but I was feeling very tomboyish and paired it with a simple pair of low rise pants and my CAT combat boots. I also added this DIY choker that I wear so often now it could my signature look. My best friend even noticed and asked 'what is this thing you're wearing all the time?' and I said I just love it, chokers are in anyway, but it's just a piece of ribbon that I took from the Amfar gala in Cannes (it was tied around the menu I think, ahaha).
Check my selection of 'statement jumpers' below and let me know which one is your favourite?
Hey guys, this is just a really simple everyday autumn look, very basic! I am sure everyone has a black leather mini skirt and knitted jumper in their wardrobes. I also really liked the contrast of the fabrics and the colours, nothing new but still.
I have been a huge fan of Nubu since some of the Kepp Showroom designers joined the team, so.. from many years ago. I have a couple of pieces from both Kepp and Nubu that I collected over the past years and I still love and wear all of them. But of course always the newest are my favourites! I am so into this wrap skirt story these days... just look at these other #ootd (here & here) we shot with Judit for the blog.
I love this wrap skirt because of the slit, and how easy it is to wear it. Here I styled mine with a crop top because the heavy fabric and length of the skirt is asking for a contrast, and if I were to wear warmer things on top I would just add light coloured knit tucked in and a black jacket.
For those who don't know Nubu is a hungarian designer brand with minimalist cuts but very on point pieces. You can't shop them online but they have like 3 boutiques in Budapest!
Flat or high heels, stiletto or block heeled; leather, suede, patent, velvet or all together? Black, gold or a patchwork of colours? There are so many to choose from this fall/winter season! Check out my selection of favourites above and click on the item to find out more about it :)
Can not get enough of this coat! Unfortunately it isn't yet out in the shops in Hungary but you can purchase them online HEEEEERE and also you can buy the real(!) suede culottes I am wearing! And, below are similar outfits, cheap and not so cheap, and by clicking on the images you can buy them... ;)
We shot this a couple of days ago, but it's actually it would be the perfect outfit for today if I dared going out in this cold and rain! Not my kind of weather...
Also I have finally uploaded some stuff to my Depop shop (download the app to shop there) I have only managed to take pictures of few of the things I will am selling, but there is loads more to come, especially knitwear.
Ps.: Judit, my bff and photographer have finally created her own website/portfolio, go have a look! Especially if you are in the process of planning your wedding since she is a wedding photographer in real life :D (here logo was also designed by my fave ex boyfriend)
When I visited the F&F showroom last week I fell in love with so many clothes. Seriously F&F has some really great stuff, but it's just too hard to hunt them down in stores! This suede biker in burgundy retails around £80, to buy it head to a Tesco or buy it online here but online you won't be able to get it in this colour.
A couple of weeks ago, when were sorting out our closets with Judit to get ready for the next wardrobe sale, and also to de-clutter our space and heads, I spotted this overall or boiler suit Judit wanted to get rid of! I was like I don't know why, but I just loved it. I didn't take it then, but instead came to our next photo session saying that one of the outfits will be that same grey boiler suit! So now I wear it, it is one size bigger than me but that's perfect and I think very easy to dress up or dress down! What do you think?