This is kind of a big day in the life of my blog, as you all know I have been blogging on and mostly off since forever, some of you follow me from back then, when I started university in London in 2008. Anyway, I felt like I needed to change the name of this little online space for a while now, mainly because nobody understood it especially abroad, and therefor it was difficult to remember it... It took me several months to actually decide on the change and the new name because it is hard to let go, but here it is, from now on it is called 'What Vero Wears'. Hopefully you will all like the new name :) and will be able to get used to it! All the old links and names will work too!
There is so much I share on this blog but also so much I keep to myself. So I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to share a few things that you don't know about me. (these are not actual secrets, just some things me and my friends put together)
1. I am addicted to TV shows and reality TV. I don't even know if I am comfortable with sharing the list of all the ones I'm watching :D but here they are: n1 is The walking dead! Then the Scream Queens, How to get away with murder, The Good Wife, Eye Candy, Les Revenants, Vanderpump rules, Friends, SATC, all seasons of every 'Real housewives' except the Australia edition; The Kardashians and its spin-offs. I am sure there are loads more I watch but they are probably on a break so can't remember now! I started watching them because I am a terrible sleeper and need these to actually fall asleep!
2. There seems to be a lot of confusion around where I am from and where I live :D So I am from Budapest, Hungary, but went to a french school here, then moved to London for about 6 years where I studied 'Fashion marketing' at university and worked as a shop assistant and window dresser in Browns. Then came back to Budapest to work as a stylist and personal shopper at 'il Bacio di Stile'. Since leaving that place I have been traveling a lot but my base is still Budapest! But considering moving away again!
3. I have like 4 best friends, and one of them is my photographer. I know Judit since first year of kinder garden. We started taking photos for my blog when we were flatmates in Camden town, London, first with iPhone, then she upgraded to a Nikon G15, then Nikon D7000 and now Nikon EOS 6D. We are such a great team, we shoot an outfit in 10 minutes and usually make a day of it and shoot as much as we can!
4. I am not a morning person. I will set my alarm 2-3 hours earlier just so I can lay in the bed half asleep drinking my tea for at least an hour!
5. I am a cat person. My family has 3 cats, and they all have their on insta hashtags :P (#hulyemomo #hulyegeza #grumicat) They actually all belong to my sister who lives in the south of France since she was 16.
6. I am never on time, ever.
7. I grew up partying in Home Club Budapest and Hajogyari sziget, so my taste in music is very deep house, techno and something I would call spiritual house music and also some rap music (but not for going out). Bad house music and club music annoys me so much I very rarely go out clubbing in Budapest. Listen to what I like here on my Soundcloud!
8. My favourite alcoholic drink is vodka. You will see me order it with ice and cucumber (if there is), a straw(!), and no lime! I hate champagne and anything with champagne in it. The only cocktails I can drink is Moscow Mule and Espresso Martini.
9. My fashion icon is Iris Apfel. She is so inspiring even though I don't usually wear accessories and jewelry.
10. I am a hypochondriac, so don't talk to me about deseases because I will get it... I am scared of blood too, I have fainted at and in better cases walked out from so many movies because it was too violent or something (strangely, zombies are an exception)
11. My favourite place on earth is 'Burning Man' (there will be a post about it soon).
PS.: The picture above is from that one dinner party where I attempted to help out in the kitchen (for like 1 minute)
PS.: All your lovely comments from all my posts have been deleted because of the domain change :( I am so sorry for it but that was the only way...